Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cubano Vegano Sandwich orrrr TWO BLOGS IN ONE NIGHT!

Wow you guys are in luck, I'm cranking out the blogs tonight and you're getting TWO, for the price of one...or well I guess I could put out 100 and you'd still get it for the price of one, since it is all free... Anyways, this is more or less just a nod to a new cook book that just came out, that I think everyone who is vegan, or interested in being vegan should go pick up. It's called Viva Vegan by Terry Hope Romero. I've been counting down the days, waiting for this book, since may of 2009, and it is finally here! Just came out this past Tuesday, April 27th, and it was well worth the wait. If you're a lover of all latin foods (like myself) this is the book you've been waiting for.

I've already got my eye on a few recipes, but I've only made one so far, and it was very VERY tasty. It's called the Cubano Vegano Sandwich, and I'm thinking it is the best sandwich I've ever had, vegan or otherwise. I've been trying to find the best sandwich for a while, and as of right now this one holds the crown. I'm not going to provide the recipe for it, because if you want to try it, YOU SHOULD GO BUY THE BOOK!

There was a new way of making seitan that I made to put on this sandwich; it required steaming instead of boiling or baking. It came out chewier than the seitan I included in this blog, but was very tasty once baked in a marinade. The only thing I changed up in my version than what was in the book was NO pickles on mine, and I used chibata bread instead of french bread.

Here it is in all it's glory:

As far as recommended listening for this monster sandwich I'd have to go with Ancestor because they're the only Cuban Black Metal band that I know of, I'm sure there are more, but these dudes are pretty badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment